To submit your Contributed Paper or Organized Symposium click the appropriate "Begin a Submission" button.
Contributed Paper Instructions
Deadline for New Submissions: Thursday, April 15, 2021 11pm est
- The paper must be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF and must be anonymous
- The paper should not exceed 10,000 words, including everything (figures, tables, references, etc.), 12 pt. font size and double spaced.marc
- The abstract text may not exceed 200 words
- The submitter must affirm:
- The work adheres to the strictest ethical standards.
- The presenting author is committed to review up to four other papers.
- The presenting author will register for the conference before 15 June 2021.
- The paper does not cite articles published in predatory journals.
- To assist in the assignment of reviewers, the submitter must
- Select and prioritize three JEL codes relevant to the paper. (See The Journal of Economic Literature.)
- Select the presenting author's areas of expertise, prioritizing three JEL codes.
- The submitter may indicate if the paper should be considered for a prize, those prizes being:
- Uma Lele Prize, for the best Contributed Paper on Gender
- T.W. Schultz Prize, (participants under the age of 40 only) for best Oral Contributed Paper
- Nils Westermarck Prize (participants under the age of 40 only), for the best Visual Contributed Paper
Revised versions of the Plenary papers are expected to be published in a special issue of IAAE's Agricultural Economics edited by the President Elect.
All papers accepted for ICAE 2021 will be made available through AgEconSearch for ease of access and to encourage citations. This type of preprint is not a publication and so should allow publication in other outlets, including Agricultural Economics. If issued as Working Papers in NBER or the World Bank, or discussion papers in IFPRI they are a step towards publication in peer-reviewed journals.
All contributed papers will be subject to a double-blind review
Successful papers will be streamed into the oral or visual (poster) sessions by the review committee and Program Organizer.
Organized Symposium Instructions
Deadline for New Submissions: Thursday, April 15, 2021 11pm estProposals must include:
- The title of proposed symposium
- Name(s), affiliation(s), and contact details of the organizer(s) and chairperson(s)
- The author(s), title, and abstract of each of the short presentations (one author with affiliation and contact email should be indicated as presenter)
- Name(s), affiliation(s), and contact details of one or two discussants, who should be different from the presenters
- An extended abstract of overall session idea, objective, and format. (Please do not exceed 800 words.)
- Intended target audience
- Confirmation that all participants have agreed to be listed prior to submission
Organized Symposia proposals can be from all fields of agricultural economics and related disciplines. They should focus on a specific theme and be of interest to a broader academic or policy audience. The 90-minute sessions typically feature three to four short presentations on various aspects of the chosen theme, followed by comments from one or two assigned discussants and open discussion involving the audience. Variations of this format are possible, such as moderated panel discussions on a specific theme with short inputs from the panelists, but in any case, sufficient time should be reserved for open discussion with the audience.
Innovative themes and proposals that look at important academic and policy issues from new angles are particularly welcome. Proposals involving diverse groups of presenters and participants will be favored in the selection process. No individual will be allowed to participate as organizer and/or presenter in more than two Organized Symposia. All presenters listed in the proposal must have agreed to be included prior to submission.
Please note that inclusion of an Organized Symposium into the Conference Program will be contingent on all listed presenters/discussants/chairs being registered for ICAE 2021 by 15 June 2021.